About the Role
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive project manager, with great communication skills and an ability to set clear boundaries to keep projects on track.
The main aspect of the role will be to manage WordPress web design and development projects, liaise with other team members to identify the best solutions for clients and to consult clients on their requirements. Occasionally you’ll be requested to assist Account Managers to scope new enquiries. You’ll need to be proactive, confident and friendly with clients, have a solid understanding of the market and solutions we provide, and have excellent attention to detail.
The role is a semi-remote position in which you will split your time between working from home, our office in London and attending client meetings at their offices in and around London.
During a typical project you will:
- Communicate with the client to gather requirements & source material
- Advise the client on the best solution for their needs
- Build and manage effective project teams
- Manage designers and developers to ensure client objectives are being met or exceeded
- Creatively solve problems
- Advise on design direction
- Provide status updates to the client
- Conduct quality control on the projects that you manage
- Set and manage clear boundaries in projects
- Manage project timelines and budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Understanding of web technology and how it can serve client’s needs (though you do not need to be able to write code)
- Detailed understanding and enthusiasm for WordPress (or willingness to learn quickly)
- Confidence using web based applications
- Ability to understand business requirements of Wholegrain and our clients
- Ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A good eye for design
- Passion for web design trends and user experience
- Passion for delivering great customer service
- Refine processes that exist and develop new processes for the team and monitor the implementation
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals
- Honesty and integrity
- Experience managing web design and development projects end to end, including management of people, time and budgets
- Experience using the WordPress CMS
- Experience working in a team and managing different personality types
- Experience of working remotely
- Experience talking to clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
- Experience giving presentations
- Flexible working
- Rewards for using renewable energy sources
- Climate Perks
- Access to Santander bicycles
- Team Days
- Paid travelling for WordPress events in Europe
- Birthdays off
Our Recruitment Process:
- You will submit your cover letter and CV and we will review accordingly
- We will send you 2 rounds of questions via email, should you be successful, you will be invited to a telephone interview with our HR Manager
- From there, you will be invited to a final round in person interview where you will be required to do a presentation
How to Apply:
You can apply here: We get a lot of good looking CV’s so please submit you CV and a cover letter and include any information you think will help your application stand out.
Recruitment agencies, please don’t contact us.
About Wholegrain Digital
About Wholegrain Digital
Wholegrain Digital is on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Established in 2007, we are one of Europe’s most established WordPress web design agencies, working with some of the world’s most positive organisations and we are proud to be a Certified B Corporation.
Based in London, our team adopt a semi-remote working culture with the aim of providing the perfect balance of customer service, team interaction and work-life harmony. We work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our non-conventional structure avoids politics and bureaucracy, encouraging all team members to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.