NOTE: This job is for that rare designer/developer that loves what they do and is proud of the work that they provide. You MUST be a designer and a developer. Only those who live and work in the US will be considered.
- You must LOVE creating custom website solutions using WordPress.
- You take a lot of pride in what you do and take your work very seriously.
- You are a top-performing, self-sufficient designer that loves coding challenges.
- You are an organized, self-starter who can confidently execute and deliver a top-notch product that you are proud of.
- You love to help people, make their lives easier and want to make a difference.
- You design the crap out of a website with proper design principles and unique concepts while enhancing the overall experience and usability of a website.
- You are friendly, organized, fun, communicative, honest, trustworthy, and able to see the big picture.
- You have print design or UI Experience.
You have experience working remotely as a team.
- If this describes you then we need to talk.
About the Position
This is primarily a design position with medium to heavy technical skills. It is an ongoing contract position, possibly 10-15 hours of work per week or more depending on workflow. There is potential to switch to part-time or full time at some point in the future, should that interest you.
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing, and managing custom-built websites that tell a unique story. We’re constantly getting new projects (big and small) with new challenges and the opportunity to help with on-going clients as they update their sites with new features because people love working with us.
By custom websites, we do not buy or use premade themes. I mean designing a site that will be built into a simple, barebones custom WordPress theme. It cannot look like a template and must be creative, unique, and professional, that is one of the many reasons why people work with us. You really need to be creative and know your way around WordPress. You have to be confident in what you design and develop; and confident to take charge of the solutions and ideas that you propose.
Note that we use Beaver Builder with a combination of custom coding in a variety of ways.
You’ll also be tasked with helping to solve design and technical issues as they arise for our existing clients. These can be simple WordPress issues like adding new sections to a page, adding or developing a whole new feature all while making the design fit in cohesively. The more you know in all these areas, the better!
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. More here.
No agencies or teams, please.
Interested? Here’s what to do next, follow these steps:
- Send your resume via email to email@example.com
- Use the subject line: “I’m your new Designer Coder”
- In the email, please include your portfolio and call out three sites you’ve designed and coded in WordPress and let us know what the challenges were
Answer these questions:
- What state do you live in?
- What is your hourly rate?
- What is your freelance experience?
- How do you manage feedback?
- Describe your marketing and website experience.
- Where do you go for design inspiration?
- What is your career goal and what would make you happiest?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- What are your three strongest attributes?
- Why are you suited to this position?
- How would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 for each:
graphic design, CSS, PHP, JS and WP
- Describe yourself in one GIF.
DO NOT contact me through my website or any other method aside from the above, you will not be considered.