Supercharge your coding career in a dynamic urban setting at a thriving independent ad agency known for high-powered digital thinking and award-winning creative. Our recently renovated loft space is a highly collaborative work environment in the heart of Chicago’s buzzing River North entertainment district. Surround yourself with dining, shopping, and easy transit…enjoying urban working at its finest. Or, take advantage of our flexible work-from-home time to find the focus you need to excel!
Team up with talented marketing specialists and gifted creative minds to bring to life world of web-based solutions. Brainstorm with colleagues over strategic approaches to building smart digital experiences. Renew your passion for problem-solving as a critical part of our ‘exceptional’ agency culture – one that rewards hustle, hard work, and instinct.
Get started on a freelance basis and –– who knows –– you may just fall in love with agency life!
About the Job
We’re seeking a talented Web Developer (preferably with agency experience) to help us manage a growing variety of digital development needs—coding responsive and mobile-friendly emails, landing pages and full-fledged websites. You’ll be supporting our digital team in executing a wide range of initiatives on an ongoing, project-based basis. If you thrive on variety and are looking for a fun, rewarding way to put your skills to the test, join our exceptional development team and let’s get growing!
Desired Skills & Experience
● Minimum 5 years of hands-on web development experience
● Ability to multi-task and comfortable juggling several projects at once
● Experience working in a fast-paced agency environment strongly preferred
● Experience building responsive, cross-browser compatible websites
● Experience with Magento
● Experience with Cordova/PhoneGap iPad App Development
● Experience with WordPress backend/theme development
● Experience with PHP dependency/packaging managers (Composer)
● Experience with PayPal Pro Payment Gateway
● Experience with CRM tools such as Hubspot, Pardot, Salesforce, etc.
● Experience using Photoshop and/or Sketch layouts to build custom websites
● Experience with version control (GIT, Subversion)
● Experience building custom HTML email
● Woocommerce template/codex experience
● Custom WordPress plugin development is a plus
● Experience with API Integration is a plus
● Outstanding attention to detail
● Flexibility to adapt to design requirement changes
● Proven ability to manage multiple, on-going timelines, as well as daily rush asks
● A core understanding of industry best practices across digital channels
About Plan B
Plan B is a fast-paced creative agency with a diverse base of clients across industries, and we’re eager to bolster our digital capabilities with talented developers who thrive on a good challenge, and who are eager to contribute in an environment where ‘exceptional’ is the rule.
Interested? Send your resume, freelance rate/range, relevant references, and any examples of your work to Developers@thisisplanb.com. If applicable, please indicate which development responsibilities were yours, how long it took, and what you charged for the work.