– High Growth Potential
– Competitive Salary and Perks
– Remote role – Anywhere in Eastern Americas to Central Europe timezones.
Hi there! We are excited to invite you to apply for the Support and Migration Specialist position. We are looking to hire someone immediately. Our company, Performance Foundry, specializes in WordPress design and development. We get down into the nitty-gritty to make extraordinary things and are seeking someone who has a technical background to grow long-term with us.
This is a customer-facing job and doesn’t require you to be a true developer. You will be responsible for customer support and troubleshooting, as well as migrations (moving sites from other hosts). A background in WordPress and technical skills will be essential in navigating this role. This job starts with a trial contract. In the first month on the job, we shift new hires all over the company to give them a well-rounded experience and an overview of everything. This includes theme development, client development, and of course, customer support. The first six months on the job will be when you are learning and getting your footing with the position and company. Once you’ve understood the systems and the work, we expect you’ll have input on improving on what we’re doing and the capacity to run with that. There are opportunities to expand to different tiers of the company, depending on skills and what you’re passionate about. We provide opportunities for you to grow and succeed.
Migration is a crucial customer-facing job at Performance Foundry. It is many of our clients’ first impressions of our work and sets a tone for our ongoing relationship! Getting this right is rewarding in itself. However, there are opportunities to move into other areas of the business on two tracks: on the development and DevOps side of operations, or the customer service and success side.
Day to Day
The primary job is that of a support specialist that includes:
– Spending time on the support queue and answering questions.
– Concierge onboarding of new client sites.
– Moving data.
– Tuning sites for performance.
– This is an entry-level role, but it’s best if you have technical skills and have done WordPress work before.
– Generally great with software and code.
– A mindset of solving problems with code.
– Candidate should have some experience with using the command line, including tools like ssh, navigating directories, and rsync. No DevOps or server programming skills are needed (but considered assets).
– Excellent written communication skills are essential; the successful candidate will spend much time emailing and chatting with clients and other team members.
– Experience with customer support, especially in WordPress, is wanted.
– Experience with chat support is an asset.
– This role is for someone with WordPress experience; especially around migrating content and troubleshooting issues.
Working at Koru Group
Performance Foundry is a brand of Koru Group Ltd. A role at Koru Group Ltd means being part of a global team of engaged, curious and humble people, doing the best for our clients together. Performance Foundry loves diversity, and we welcome candidates from all walks of life.
We have full time and part-time contractors spread all over the world, and they are organized into three different teams covering three different time zones. We look to hire people for the long-term and provide them with the resources and opportunities they need to continue to grow and love being a part of our team.
Because we work remotely, it’s crucial to be connected in our work, professional communities, and personal lives. We care about our colleagues, connect in person as we travel, and stay in touch even when we are far away. You’re working, but you’re a person, not a machine.
While we have standard processes, we never stop learning, changing, or improving: we are curious people. We like to learn, and we want to teach, improving ourselves and making the whole team stronger. We all have things we like to do and areas we love to specialise in, but being part of a team means doing what needs to be done. Nothing is too good for us, or “not my job” – We actively look for ways to make our colleagues’ work easier.
Koru Group Ltd has a virtual team with staff either travelling or working from their own homes and/or cafes and co-working spaces. We celebrate and enjoy the freedom and creativity this brings, but realise it can be hard to know how much work to do. You will be responsible for tracking your own time and hours. You will be expected to work around 40 hours a week from Monday to Saturday with at least 25 hours being during local business hours (Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm).
There will be some compulsory meetings to attend each week.
As a global team, people are working in every time zone. You do not need to respond to messages outside of work hours, except in case of emergency or pre-arranged meetings.
In some cases, you may be asked to work over a particular time range to achieve a project goal. We expect you to make every effort to achieve this. We may run staff/contractor meet-ups or help finance conferences or similar professional development opportunities from time to time in locations around the world. If invited, we hope you will attend.
2000 – 2500 USD monthly
– Fully remote company and culture, so you’re never out of the loop.
– Flexible work hours; and paid time off for full-time contractors.
– Pay is competitive and based on experience. We believe in supporting our team and offer opportunities for raises and growth.
– Satisfaction, as you work with a diverse, fun group of people to do cool stuff for great clients.
About Performance Foundry
Performance Foundry specialises in WordPress solutions for businesses worldwide.