Performance Foundry is looking for a Senior WordPress Developer, specialized in Back-end development with advanced WordPress experience to join our company.
This role will offer you the opportunity to become a leader within our development team, influence and inspire the future of our projects and company.
You will be helping to build and inspire a small, but awesome, remote development team working on several WordPress installations from small blog sites to big e-commerce stores.
We are looking for a backend developer that is already actively working in the WordPress website and plugin development field, with experience in WooCommerce and custom plugins development.
This is not an entry-level position, only experienced WordPress developers will be considered.
Performance Foundry is a fully remote company. Ideal candidates for this role will have experience or desire for remote working, and will be living in European or US Eastern timezones. Fluent written and spoken English is a must.
As a Senior WordPress developer at Performance Foundry, you will be responsible for:
– Architecting and developing new backend features and plugins
– Integrating plugins or external APIs with WordPress and WooCommerce
– Writing high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind
– Using modern PHP code and patterns while following WordPress Coding standards
– Code review the work of other developers
– Improving our internal tools, libraries and standards
– Working with the other team members to diagnose and solve different bugs
– Solving complex client support requests
– Mentoring junior developers
– Strong communication skills
– Experience working as part of a remote team
– Self-motivated, detail-oriented
– Strong organizational skills
– Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
– Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
– Excited to be part of a team with the potential for a long term relationship
– Fluent English speaker
Minimum Knowledge & Experience
– 5+ years experience working as a WordPress developer
– Proven experience implementing and maintaining complex WordPress sites
– Proven experience with WooCommerce
– Demonstrable team experience, remote or in person
– Excellent understanding of OOP, software development life cycle, and best practices
Bonus Knowledge & Experience
– Experience with git, continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
– Unit Testing
– Experience with JS application frameworks like React
– Experience with Gutenberg libraries and API
– Remote work experience
Working at Koru Group
Performance Foundry is a Koru Group brand. A role at Koru Group means being part of a global team of engaged, curious and humble people, doing the best for our clients together.
Because we work remotely, it’s important to be connected in our work, in our professional communities, and our personal lives. Care about your colleagues, connect in person as you travel, stay in touch even when you are far away. You’re working, but you’re a person, not a machine.
While we have standard processes, we never stop learning, changing, or improving: we are curious people. We like to learn, and we like to teach, improving ourselves and making the whole team stronger.
We all have things we like to do and areas we love to specialise in, but being part of a team means doing what needs to be done. Nothing is too good for us, or “not my job” – We actively look for ways to make our colleagues’ work easier.
During your time with Koru Group, you might touch many parts of the business, but the job description highlights your main responsibilities.
Koru Group Ltd has a virtual team with staff either traveling or working from their own homes and/or cafes and co-working spaces. We celebrate and enjoy the freedom and creativity this brings, but realise it can be hard to know how much work to do.
You will be responsible for tracking your own time and hours, but you will be expected to work around 40 hours a week from Monday to Saturday with at least 25 hours being during local business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
There will be some compulsory meetings to attend each week.
As a global team, there are people working in every timezone. You do not need to respond to messages outside of your work hours, except in case of emergency or for pre-arranged meetings.
In some cases, you may be asked to work over a particular time range to achieve a project goal. We expect you to make every effort to achieve this.
We may run staff/contractor meet-ups or help finance conference or similar professional development opportunities from time to time in locations around the world. If invited, we hope you will attend if possible.
About Performance Foundry
We help businesses make an impact online through strategy, design, development and ongoing partnerships.
We'd like to become the best WordPress services business in the world. Want to join us?