Modern Tribe is looking for a talented WordPress Frontend Developer in North America to join our team as a part-time employee. (If you are in Central or South America and think you’d be a good fit – lets talk).
We’re currently working on high-profile WordPress implementations that range between conventional to seriously bleeding edge. We will want to see plugin code examples – public plugins are ideal. We want people that are able to develop code that can withstand high profile sites and intense loads. You should be comfortable working as part of a team – your code will have to integrate into an existing architecture. If tightly optimized code get’s you excited – you’re probably a good fit.
- Work with design team to architect and document theme solutions using best practices
- Integrate code into existing theme architecture
- Coordinate with designers, back-end developers and other theme devs
- Produce code solutions that load quickly and smoothly
- Be a part of QA team and optimize / review other team members’ code
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of WordPress theming best practices
- Experience with LESS or Sass
- Mid level to advanced PHP Skills
- Basic LAMP / LEMPS skills
- Proficiency at local environment development
- Examples of plugins / code that you’ve released to the open source community
- Experience with es2015 and Babel
- Advanced WordPress debug skills
- Apple Mac dev environment
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. Please do not apply if your timezone is outside of the US range and if you are not totally fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is between $35-$50 US per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. The gig is about 10-15 hours a week of work. This opportunity is for a part-time job, though we are always seeking longer relationships with kick-ass people.
About Modern Tribe
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work with a lot of freelancers as well as distributed employees and coordinate their talents for large projects. Learn more about how our team works, what traits we look for in new team members and more on our careers page.