If you’re a skilled WordPress developer, you’ve built themes and plugins from scratch, have an eye for good design and a keen interest in user experience and agree that the future of publishing and ecommerce needs to be built for mobile first, read on!
We created WordPress plugins and a mobile app platform designed for digital publications (blogs, newspapers) and ecommerce sites. This is an opportunity for you to work on existing and new WordPress products, making app customization easier, designing super fast progressive web apps.
You’ll be working with the company founder, our product manager, our WordPress plugin developers and iOS and Android developers. We’re a fully distributed team of 13.
You’ll work from wherever you want and you’re free to set your daily schedule, as long as you put in the hours and produce results, we don’t mind when you do so. We communicate mainly with project managing tools, documents, occasionally Slack and Zoom.
We offer competitive rates based on your experience level and all the freedom of remote work.
Skills and Requirements:
– Strong experience in WordPress plugin and theme development
– Experience with WooCommerce and related plugin development
– Any experience with mobile frameworks like Ionic or similar is a bonus
– Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
– Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
– Experience with caching plugins and speed optimization in a WordPress context
– Experience designing and developing mobile sites
– Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
– Full stack developer, you can cover frontend design and development
– Experienced with GIT and SVN
– Commitment to meet deadlines and deliver above expectations
– Time management skills – you’re on time and communicate promptly
– Great communication skills and written English
– Self motivated and positive attitude
What’s in it for you:
– The opportunity to make a big impact on something new
– Work directly with key decision makers – no bureaucracy
– Manage your time, work independently, part-time or full-time
– Work with cutting edge technology
– Work in a casual yet fast paced environment
We’re not accepting applications from recruiters, agencies or teams. We’re looking to add a new part-time (or full-time) member to our team.