We are seeking a full-time permanent Lead WordPress developer with experience of large-scale, high-traffic and complex Network/Multisite installations
This opportunity is primarily remote based, with the option to work in person at our offices if you are located close to our London head office in Fleet Street (the office is currently closed pending further guidance from HM government.) .
We have a large and continually growing WordPress Multisite Network which provides legal market information to well over five million annual visitors, based in over two hundred jurisdictions around the world.
We are looking to grow our development team and are looking to recruit a highly experienced, lead PHP developer, with a proven track record of working on large and architecturally complex projects, this position also calls for imaginative and creative thinking and will provide a wide variety of technical and procedural challenges.
The ideal candidate will bring a range of professional experiences to the table, to help shape technical decision making, be familiar with modern PHP OOP patterns, have a broad range of experience with productivity tools to speed-up project cycles and be comfortable writing and using automated testing and continuous deployment flows.
About the company
Legalease is a global leader in the provision of legal market information.
Our products transcend all areas of the publishing and media industry including websites, mobile and tablet applications, e-books, social media, webinars, podcasts, live events, and of course print.
For 33 years, our flagship product “The Legal 500” has been analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research programme revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. “The Legal 500” assesses the strengths of law firms in over 150 jurisdictions, the results of which can be viewed free of charge on our website legal500.com.
Legalease is an accredited London Living Wage employer.
– Deep WordPress knowledge – API, REST, Gutenberg.
– PHP – 10 years +, OPP patterns, 7.0 + knowledge, performant and portable code
– PHPUnit + additional testing frameworks – Selenium, Codeception, WP Browser etc.
– Git – for versioning,
– MySQL / MariaBD
– Grunt – for task runners
– Advanced Multisite Network experience
– Advanced Custom Fields
– Leadership skills to manage and mentor other team members
– Strategic thinking – ability to guide direction of large and complex applications
– CI/CD processes, Travis etc.
– GitHub actions
– Performance auditing and optimization tools
– Asana for Project Management
– Documenting processes
– Dynamics 365 API and Power Automate
– PHPOffice (PHPWord/PHPSpreadsheet)
– Tableau / Google Data Studio
Full time role
– Full time permanent role
– £65k – £75k salary – depending on experience
– 40 hours per week
– Our normal working hours are 9.30-5.30 with 1 hour for lunch. We are happy to discuss reasonable requests for flexible working hours.
– 6 month probation period
– 20 days holiday, increases to 25 after 1 year. (3 of which must be taken over Christmas).
– Employer pension contribution
– In order to apply for this position, we request that all candidates confirm agreement to each of the following points:
– you have read and understood the full job description
– you are applying for the job yourself, not via an agency or other recruitment organisation.
– your skills and experience match or exceed the stated requirements.
– you have fluent written and spoken English.
– you are able to verify your identity if requested.
– you are able to attend a video chat to provide additional information or answer questions about your application.
– you are willing and able to sign NDA or other legal documents, upon request.
– you are able to provide references, further examples of your work and qualifications.
– you are willing, if requested, to undertake a short paid test to demonstrate specific skills.