The Data Migration Engineer will focus on three primary objectives: analyze the scope of customers’ requirements for data migration projects, design and document solid migration plans, and deliver migration services for WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Take lead responsibility for the delivery of data migration service: analysis, design, implementation, testing, validation and acceptance by all parties.
- Contribute to the development of data migration services as required.
- Ensure adequate end-user support for the data migration services and transfer the necessary knowledge to the organization and customers.
- Collaborate with development team on engineering solutions to facilitate accurate data migrations from a number of platforms and formats.
- Consult with clients as needed
- Contribute to the development of the misc. company special projects
- Manage your own time & development between multiple projects & clients to meet deliverables
- Follow and contribute to our internal standards
- Keep up on the latest trends and best practices in web development
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Understanding of eCommerce
- Extensive experience working with multiple DB formats, most importantly MySQL
- Extensive experience working with Excel including understanding of common formulas for blending multiple data sources
- Experience working with multiple CMS and eCommerce platforms. WordPress & WooCommerce is a necessity
- Working knowledge of basic PHP and other programming languages
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with WooCommerce and WordPress
- Experience with WP All Import / WP All Export plugins
- Understanding of database design and information architecture
- 3+ years of web development or data migration experience with samples of work aligned to job qualifications & skills
- Previous development firm/agency experience preferred
Inverse Paradox has a great team, competitive pay, offers exceptional benefits, a casual work environment, and plenty of perks like locally roasted coffee to get through the day, and fridge stocked with beer for when you’re wrapping up.
- Start with 10-days of PTO
- 12 closed days for company holidays
- 100% paid employee healthcare including vision & dental
- SimpleIRA with employer contribution
- Flexible working schedule with ability to work remote
- Opportunities for paid industry/events & conferences
About Inverse Paradox
Inverse Paradox is a Philadelphia-based team of designers, developers and professionals committed to creating results for our clients. At Inverse Paradox, we know how to create effective designs. We know the Internet, the underlying technology and what it takes to gain meaningful results. But it is our unique ability to manage a project by sharing a journey with our clients that defines our relationship. We firmly believe it takes active collaboration rooted in honesty and mutual education to have a successful project.
For over 15 years, Inverse Paradox has worked with a wide variety of companies in diverse industries with varying levels of eCommerce requirements. From small businesses needing a solution to supplement their brick-and-mortar store to large scale retailers and wholesalers with complex B2C and B2B needs, Inverse Paradox has delivered solutions achieving the ROI necessary for these businesses to scale.