Growth Labs Development is looking to establish long-term relationships with additional front-end developers with expert knowledge of WordPress in addition to their other skillsets.
We are looking for front-end developers with various skills, backgrounds, experience levels, and availability.
- This position is a fully remote freelance position on an as-needed basis. If projects go well, then the developer can expect regular projects and full-time hours.
- While our office is remote, you will be working among other team members, and the applicant will be expected to communicate in English via Teamwork (PM), Slack, Zoom, etc.
- This position pays between $15-$25 USD per hour, depending on experience and skills.
- There are multiple positions available.
- We are specifically looking for developers located in the following areas (however, please apply regardless of your location):
- European Union
- United States
What We are Looking For:
- Excellent developers who can build and focus on quality, well-commented code.
- Developers who are comfortable building custom WordPress themes from the ground up as well as extending existing code.
- Developers who take planning seriously before development begins and can help determine how something should be built as well as being able to build it.
- Developers who keeps themselves up to date on the latest trends and frameworks and can recommend and put together an optimal plan on WordPress themes, including performance, SEO, etc.
- People who are passionate about coding and work on side-projects in their spare time.
- Be able to work within a team as well as take a leadership role when required.
- Developers who self-review their work and understand the importance of self-testing and review before showing work to a project manager or client.
Skills & Requirements
- Have knowledge of and be able to recommend and execute best practices in building WordPress themes.
- Be familiar with modern WordPress page-builders such as Divi, Elementor, Beaver Builder. While preferably we will be building themes, many projects will require the use of builders and you should be comfortable not only using them but developing around them.
- Be proficient in LESS/SASS and understand the best ways to utilize these within projects.
- Be able to implement front-end designs in other applications/languages outside WordPress as needed (though you are not expected to know every templating system for every system, but you should be able to design and build a front-end in pure HTML/CSS/JS outside of WordPress with the intent of implementing into other systems or templates.
- Understanding and ability to use Photoshop in relation to front-end development.
- Expert understanding using git repositories and proper development infrastructure and tools.
- Expert level knowledge of WordPress, developing custom functionality in WordPress themes and Plugins.
- Have knowledge of and be able to recommend and execute best practices in building custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Expert knowledge in theme and plugin performance, decrease loading times, have an understanding of CDNs and caching and related plugins.
- Expert understanding of front-end frameworks and languages as they relate to the back-end development work.
- Excellent English language skills (writing), ability to communicate with a team and potentially with clients when needed.
- Comfortable speaking English when needed – All applicants will be interviewed via Zoom in English. You should be comfortable being on conference calls with clients in English when required.
- You must be able to login and use our PM software (Teamwork) as you will be working and collaborating with team members on projects.
Not Required but Beneficial:
- Knowledge of additional front-end languages/frameworks
- Knowledge of tools such as Genesis, Sage
- Graphic design skills a plus but not required
- Knowledge of tools such as Adobe XD, Invision, Zeplin
- Back-end development knowledge or experience
When Applying Please Include:
- Complete Resume
- Public Github (or alternative) Profile
- Public Portfolio and/or list of previous projects worked on if not part of github profile.
- Development Background
- Full list of skills and languages, including software proficiencies
- Languages spoken and level
- Please detail your previous experience working with teams and what challenges you faced.
- Please detail your previous experience working remotely and what challenges you faced.