Growth Labs Development is looking to establish long-term relationships with additional back-end PHP developers with expert knowledge of WordPress in addition to their other skillsets.
We are looking for back-end developers with various skills, backgrounds, experience levels, and availability.
- This position is a fully remote freelance position starting on an as-needed basis. If projects go well, then the developer can expect regular projects and full-time hours.
- While our office is remote, you will be working among other team members, and the applicant will be expected to communicate in English via Teamwork (PM), Slack, Zoom, etc.
- This position pays between $15-$30 USD per hour, depending on experience and skills.
- There are multiple positions available.
- We are specifically looking for developers located in the following areas (however, please apply regardless of your location):
- European Union
- United States
What We are Looking For:
- Excellent developers who can build and focus on quality, well-commented code.
- Developers who are comfortable building custom WordPress plugins and themes from the ground up as well as extending existing code.
- Developers who take planning seriously before development begins and can help determine how something should be built as well as being able to build it.
- Developers who keeps themselves up to date on the latest trends and frameworks and can recommend and put together an optimal plan on WordPress themes, plugins, functionality, setup, performance, security and more.
- People who are passionate about coding and work on side-projects in their spare time.
- Be able to work within a team as well as take a leadership role when required.
- Developers who self-review their work and understand the importance of self-testing and review before showing work to a project manager or client.
Skills & Requirements
- Expert level knowledge of PHP and building fully custom applications.
- Expert understanding using git repositories and proper development infrastructure and tools.
- Expert level knowledge of WordPress, developing custom functionality in WordPress themes and Plugins.
- Have knowledge of and be able to recommend and execute best practices in building custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Expert knowledge in theme and plugin performance, decrease loading times, have an understanding of CDNs and caching and related plugins.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices, utilizing child themes, forking plugins, using available hooks to implement additional functionality into existing plugins, etc.
- Expert understanding of front-end frameworks and languages as they relate to the back-end development work.
- Excellent English language skills (writing), ability to communicate with a team and potentially with clients when needed.
- Comfortable speaking English when needed – All applicants will be interviewed via Zoom in English. You should be comfortable being on conference calls with clients in English when required.
- You must be able to login and use our PM software (Teamwork) as you will be working and collaborating with team members on projects.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages a plus.
When Applying Please Include:
- Complete Resume
- Public Github (or alternative) Profile
- Public Portfolio and/or list of previous projects worked on if not part of github profile.
- Development Background
- Full list of skills and languages, including software proficiencies
- Languages spoken and level
- Please detail your previous experience working with teams and what challenges you faced.
- Please detail your previous experience working remotely and what challenges you faced.