Full-Stack WordPress Developer
Commitment: Contract / Temporary
Duration: ~240 hours (up to 3 months)
Company: Pivot Learning and EdReports.org
Location: Remote / United States
Pivot Learning in partnership with EdReports is looking for a full-stack WordPress developer to build a configurable WordPress plugin that interfaces with the EdReports API and includes a configurable base theme. The developer will also be responsible for utilizing the plugin to convert an existing HTML website to WordPress.
Developers must have an in-depth knowledge of front-end programming, WordPress development, and RESTful APIs. A strong eye for design and attention to detail will be essential in the migration of the existing HTML website to WordPress.
Scope of Work
- Develop a reusable WordPress plugin that pulls data from the EdReports API and provides a simple format for displaying data via a WordPress template.
- Develop a base theme that utilizes the WordPress Customizer.
- Automate retrieval and storing of relevant data from EdReports API to WordPress via cron.
- Provide clear documentation on how to install, configure, and utilize the WordPress plugin and its features.
- Rebuild the CalCurriculum.org website (a project of Pivot Learning and EdReports) on WordPress (WPEngine) utilizing the developed plugin and theme.
- WordPress Plugin, Theme, and Template development and customization
- RESTful API (OpenApi Specification 2.0 / Swagger)
- Ability to interpret and modify an existing font-end infrastructure for reimplementation in WordPress
- Responsive design
- Git repository management
Please send your letter of interest, inclusive of work experience, references, and links to any work examples, to Dan Zimney, email@example.com.
EdReports.org is an independent nonprofit designed to improve education by providing reviews of K-12 instructional materials.