We’re seeking a professional, people-oriented person to join our distributed team as a Digital Content Strategist.
The core responsibility for this position will be to create sitemaps, wireframes and lead stakeholder interviews and usability tests for our nonprofit and small business clients. Additionally, this person will be responsible for writing web content, SEO titles and meta descriptions, and email campaigns; and building attractive pages and content, using WordPress visual builders, such as Gutenberg and Elementor.
Since we are a web agency that works with nonprofits, our ideal candidate will have experience working with the nonprofit community in addition to a working knowledge of WordPress site administration. Some knowledge of web design and technology would also be helpful, though actual designer and developer skills are not expected: you won’t be required to design from scratch, nor to write code.
This position will report to the Director of Site Builds.
- As a member of a site development team, and via meetings and emails with clients:
- Draft and revise site maps based on client goals, audience types, and revisions
- Perform virtual card sorting, tree testing, and first impression tests using Optimal Workshop. Make recommendations based on findings.
- Perform stakeholder interviews.
- Write web content from scratch or rewrite existing content for clients, always keeping SEO in mind.
- Write from scratch or rewrite existing email campaign content for clients.
- Write project review posts for the Cornershop Creative website and proposal.
- Manual migration of content from old client sites to new WordPress sites, using visual builders to create an attractive appearance.
- Background in copywriting and copyediting, content presentation, and content delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with creating, running, and analyzing usability tests such as card sorting, tree testing, and first impression tests.
- Experience with performing and summarizing stakeholder interviews.
- Experience with SEO, writing for search engines, keyword analysis and writing
- Empathetic analyst, able to identify client goals and audience needs via calls and meeting notes, and refer to those requirements during site map creation, usability test analysis, content creation, and content migration in order to make decisions and recommendations.
- Incredibly organized (so organized that friends might mock you for this)
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced and enthusiastic juggler (literally would be cool, but we’re speaking metaphorically here with the amount of work)
- Passionate about nonprofits, especially progressive causes
- Ability to remain cheerful, calm, and organized even though the *$%@ conference line isn’t working for everyone AGAIN
Awesome but Totally Not Required
- Basic knowledge of Whimsical or similar wireframing platform
- Basic knowledge of Optimal Workshop or similar usability testing platform
- Basic knowledge of WordPress visual builders, including Gutenberg and Elementor
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Knowledge of best practices in web design and development, particularly around performance and SEO
- Previous experience working successfully from home as part of a remote team
- Previous experience working for a creative agency
Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our nonprofit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals. Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative. Learn more about us at https://cornershopcreative.com/.
Salary: Approximately $65,000, though we are flexible based on applicant experience
To apply, visit https://cornershopcreative.com/apply/ to submit:
Your résumé, which should include an indication of which American state you live and work in
A brief cover letter, explaining why you’re excited about this opportunity
If possible, links to work you’ve been involved with that we should see, such as recent websites or testimonials
U.S. Applicants only!
Please be sure to include all of these items — to save everyone valuable time we’ll throw out incomplete applications. Thanks for understanding.
Cornershop is an equal opportunity employer.
About Cornershop Creative
We design, build, and maintenance WP websites for nonprofits