Join the Blacksmith Team!
Blacksmith Agency is a boutique digital agency based out of Phoenix, AZ, specializing in top of the line, custom website design and development. By forging digital products and online experiences rooted in user expectations and data, Blacksmith helps partners grow, innovate, and exceed their business objectives. Top clients include Google, General Electric, Voss Water, Arizona State University, and many more!
Blacksmith is seeking a Front End WordPress Developer who is motivated to spearhead the development of unique, custom WordPress themes and plugins for our clients. The developer will transform completed designs into live, interactive web experiences with beautiful, clean code. They will also work with back-end developers to integrate everything from interactive landing pages to full-fledged dashboards and web apps.
If you enjoy finding elegant solutions to complex problems and aren’t afraid to take initiative then join our growing team of talented individuals!
- Competitive pay
- Remote – 100% work from home
- Opportunity to work and grow at an award winning digital agency
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Experience building custom WordPress themes/plugins
- Complete understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level
- Hands on experience with SASS/SCSS/LESS and Flexbox
- Build responsive websites that function perfectly on any device or browser size
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket
- Ability to execute ADA and SEO best practices
- Leverage WP Plugin Advanced Custom Fields
- Proactively perform cross-browser compatibility tests and iterate to work through the bugs
- Adept at developing custom WP themes from Figma design files
- Collaborate with both UX/UI Web Designers and Backend Developers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation in order to complete projects, websites, platforms and other web experiences
- Optimize application for optimum speed and scalability
- Communicate positively and honestly with a strong work ethic and reliability
- Excitement to learn new technologies and self-teach when needed
- This position does not use existing WordPress templates or page builders (i.e WP Bakery, Divi, Elementor, etc) as all projects are custom and built from scratch
- Experience with vanilla.js, ES6/ES2015, Gutenberg blocks
- Ability to use a taskrunner (ie: Gulp/Grunt/Webpack) to generate website assets
- Experience working with Laravel PHP Framework
- Testing experience
- 3+ years of agency experience
Check out our website at http://blacksmith.agency