Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce, is looking for an exceptional Themes Program Manager to join WooCommerce’s Marketplace team.
As a Theme Program Manager you will be responsible for refining, building, and streamlining our theme strategy, process and policies. You will manage relationships with theme authors, and look for new ones to bring into the Marketplace. You will be a true partner to the business as well as to our merchants, bringing in best-in-class themes, while also bringing theme authors the tools, data and analytics they need to optimize sales on WooCommerce.com. You will create and execute a robust program and develop relationships aimed toward growing revenue and making WooCommerce the go-to Marketplace for the best WooCommerce themes.
You are motivated by impact, whether that’s achieved by rapid deployment of features to assist theme authors, helping them to run their business on the WooCommerce Marketplace, or working to understand our merchants’ needs to ensure they get the most out of the WooCommerce Marketplace.
Your style is to get things done while reducing friction for your colleagues and customers, to respond rapidly when called upon, as well as being proactive. You collaborate as an aid to our partners, and pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships. You enjoy managing project requirements, and enjoy working with members in various roles across organizations.
- Create and manage a program aimed at growing our merchant base through theme inventory.
- Create a strategic vision for scale, including how best to expand our theme inventory through streamlined processes and defined guidelines.
- Create an engagement strategy to successfully attract and retain theme authors, against an annual goal.
- Oversee relationships with theme authors to strengthen our offering and expand optionality for merchants.
- Provide user feedback to WooCommerce theme developers for theme and feature improvements.
- Coordinate and execute on all theme-related communication, from individual requests to outgoing emails, blog posts, documentation, program changes etc.
- Oversee the onboarding, including vetting and contracting, to ensure a smooth process toward launch.
- Help to design processes that enable themes to scale, from improving how new theme authors get started, to designing ways to provide data and feedback.
- 5 years of meaningful experience in a relevant role with responsibility for building relationships with theme developers, partners, or with launching products.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, and familiarity with WordPress as well as other web content management platforms/website builders, SaaS, and open source.
- A trained eye for design, and/or experience building and selling WordPress themes commercially.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a wide range of teams.
- You are an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, very well structured, with a passion for creating processes. You are highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
- Coding experience, design knowledge, and an interest in all things themes. Having some code fluency and a working knowledge of theme design will aid in the triage required in this role.
- Experience in working in a remote environment is a plus.
This role will report to the Program Lead.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Day One, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.