AndiSites is hiring a WordPress website maker to join our friendly team. If you’re based in the US, have proven experience in the web, and love WordPress like we do, we’d like to hear from you.
We are a boutique web design and development agency based in Chapel Hill, NC. We work in a collaborative partnership with our clients to create effective mobile-friendly WordPress websites. And we provide our clients with the peace of mind they need to enjoy the ride. We’ve been helping shape the web since 2008 and have an excellent reputation (most of our business comes from referrals), a prestigious client list, and an increasing flow of new business.
What We Need
Our new team member will create responsive WordPress websites in collaboration with a small internal team and a diverse group of medium-to-large clients. Graphic design skills aren’t necessary, but an up-to-date knowledge of UI/UX and an eye for layout are essential.
Over time, there are some outcomes we’ll be looking for you to accomplish as well:
- Enhance and improve current processes for designing and developing WordPress websites.
- Refine and implement training and support plans for new and existing WordPress websites.
- Shorten the overall timeline for creating websites (from kickoff to launch).
- Improve our use of technology (e.g., Creative Cloud applications, productivity apps, design and development tools, etc.)
- Increase the volume and delivery of “shared knowledge” via blog posts, articles, participation in social media, etc.
Who You Are
You live every day (as our entire team does) by our core values of a strong work ethic; passion for creating; customer focus; integrity; and family.
This is neither a junior nor an executive role, so while we expect you to have a solid portfolio of WordPress work, we expect you to learn and grow with us as well.
You’ll need a solid knowledge of web best practices and responsive design, and a thirst for keeping up with trends and technologies.
You’ll also need more mundane (but no less important) skills such as good writing and excellent organization.
And you’ll need to be confident, responsible, honest, energetic, and nice.
- At least 2 years experience designing and developing WordPress websites (working with popular theme frameworks and/or custom themes).
- Strong HTML & CSS skills (familiarity with PHP a plus)
- Up-to-date knowledge of WordPress best practices, plugins, and core software features and functions.
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices and trends in mobile-responsiveness, UX, and UI.
- Friendly and patient communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven ability to explain WordPress clearly to others (both individuals and groups, including live demos and written instructions)
- REQUIRED: Self-hosted WordPress core, themes, and plugins
- REQUIRED: Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- STRONGLY DESIRED: Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Photoshop and Acrobat Pro…bonus points if you also work with Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Edge Animate)
- STRONGLY DESIRED: Google services (especially Drive and Analytics…bonus points if you’re also familiar with the Maps API and/or Webmaster Tools)
- NOT REQUIRED BUT HELPFUL: Basecamp
- NOT REQUIRED BUT HELPFUL: Skype
What We Offer
People tell us that we’re a friendly group, great at what we do, and different from the rest (in a good way), so you’ll find a welcoming place to work and clients who love you.
We believe strongly in a working environment that facilitates the lifestyle you want, while giving you the work challenges you need to keep life exciting and fulfilling. If you want to work from home, we support that (we’re big fans of the short commute). If you need some flexibility in your working hours, we’re open to suggestions.
Ultimately we will give as much to you as you give to us…a job is about more than just salary.
All that said, the job isn’t always easy. AndiSites is a fast-paced place, and our standards are high. But those who contribute to our bottom line find that their personal bottom line improves as well.
NOTE: Although this position is advertised as part-time salaried (approximately 30 hours/week), transition to full-time employment with benefits is highly likely for exceptional team members.
If all of this sounds interesting, please apply on our Careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!