We are hiring Entry Level, Mid-Level and Senior developers. Please share your level of experience in the appropriate field as you apply.
About the position
We are growing and looking to recruit for our remote team an experienced WordPress Developer who will write quality code and deliver results within reasonable timelines. Specifically, from this role, we expect someone capable of taking a technical brief, make architecture recommendations and follow high quality standards while coding new plugins and functionalities for WordPress. You'll need some basic HTML/CSS knowledge but our expectation is that you work on functional tasks while someone else handles styling.
Please note: This is NOT your typical "jack of all trades" WordPress position.
Based on your level of experience you'll be assigned to our latest venture and one of the most challenging and exciting projects being developed for WordPress / WooCommerce, see: https://www.wowdashboard.com/
You'll work alongside other (remote) developers that will support us in the creation of our own product (WOW Dashboard) as well as custom client implementations with WordPress and WooCommerce that go beyond your typical website. You will work to extend core functionality of WordPress, create backend structure and extend APIs. You'll heavily work with hooks, filters and with the WordPress / WooCommerce REST API.
Position's responsibilities are:
- Produce “clean” and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation;
- Extend WordPress and WooCommerce APIs according to specifications;
- Create functionality following all of WordPress best practices, including but not limited to the use of filters, hooks and more — this can be extending functionality to support theme's usage or plugins;
- Contribute to the WordPress community;
- Create code that has great test coverage to avoid unnecessary issues in the future;
- Collaborate with the team in all phases of the development lifecycle, including the strategy and the architecture of the systems you will eventually build;
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality;
- Stay informed about industry best practices;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Provide on-time delivery of projects;
- Follow Agile and SCRUM methodologies (where appropriate) to deliver projects;
- Communicate with others, including project managers, on struggles and progress of each of the projects;
WordPress Developer requirements are:
- 3+ years' experience of working on WordPress, PHP position;
- Professional experience (hands-on) with WordPress for 2+ years;
- Experience with WooCommerce is valuable;
- Experience (hands on) with WordPress or WooCommerce APIs are highly preferred;
- Ability to debug your own code and that of others;
- Great understanding of performance considerations in the context of WordPress;
- Great understanding of security considerations in the context of WordPress;
- Desire to develop new bold ideas, while constantly following best design and coding practices
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area is NOT required;
- Write clean, optimized, bug free code and ensure you are employing best practices and software design patterns
- Great technical communication skills;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git;
- General understanding of core computer programming, distributed systems, logic & cloud infrastructure
- Highly motivated and works with minimum supervision and remote location.
- All of these things people ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude;
- Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or... ) :-)
- Competitive Salary for position and location
- Health Plan and/or Deductions
- Flexible vacation/days off policy
- Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
- Yearly Bonuses Program
- Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return
- Continuous Training (both on site and online)
- Attend Annual Company retreat abroad
- Ability to work in complex projects of Fortune500 as well as small companies.
- Ability to grow inside the company: take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams,
- Plenty of Growth Opportunities
- A lot of ownership on projects working in key areas or full projects;
- Support of a Project Manager in all work developed;
- The opportunity to join an unique and growing company with a 200% growth record for the past 3 years;
- Contribute with your suggestions and see your feedback and opinion impact products used by millions worldwide
- A growing team full of talent;